Seth J. Gillespie, PhD
Seth is a proven Information Technology Leader known for his ability to guide companies successfully through large, complex internet-scale Data Center infrastructure deployments positivity impacting millions of customers worldwide. Seth is a skilled and capable manager who cuts through ambiguity, embodies energy, delivers innovative results and fosters high levels of excellence within his teams.
- Follow Innovation in IT Management on WordPress.com
2010 In Review | Inn… on Multi-Monitor Productivity travelswithivan on Leadership Styles marissahizzle on Silicon Valley: My Home prakashec058 on Common Project Manager Mi… prakashec058 on Effective Project Management I…
Recent Posts: Innovation in IT Management
Category Archives: TechImage
Interesting work from Matt Beane: “What can the practice of surgery with the da Vinci teach us about work in the 21st century?”
- “In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.” – Yogi Berra
- “If we knew what we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?” – Albert Einstein
Can’t wait to meet with Edward Tufte on Monday! Edward Tufte is an American statistician and professor emeritus of political science, statistics, and computer science at Yale University. He is noted for his writings on information design and as a pioneer in the field of data visualization. http://www.edwardtufte.com/tufte/
In the field of Information Technology we often have an over-abundance of data. The next time you present findings to your team, consider distilling down the information to make the most impact and aid in better decision making.
Myth vs. Reality – Thoughts?
- Individuals and interactions over processes and tools
> While this is great for small teams or start-ups, inside enterprises, a lack of alignment in different levels often generates more heat than results.
- Working software over comprehensive documentation
> If taken too literally, a radical agilist might despise any documentation, which in the long run lead could lead to impossible recovery.
- Customer collaboration over contract negotiation
> Enterprises, however, cannot afford to have zero visibility about deadlines and the productivity of agile teams.
- Responding to change over following a plan
> A team that is not capable of measuring its own performance and understanding what’s affecting it is not as effective than those that do.
The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared an Annual Report for this blog.
Here’s an excerpt:
4,329 films were submitted to the 2012 Cannes Film Festival. This blog had 19,000 views in 2012. If each view were a film, this blog would power 4 Film Festivals
A friend is one who tells you what you don’t want to hear with a love you cannot deny.
8 Ways to Access Gmail When Down:
- Safe mode – http://mail.google.com/mail/?labs=0
- Secure mode – https://mail.google.com/
- Older version – http://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=1
- Basic mode – http://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=html
- Mobile mode – http://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=mobile or http://m.gmail.com
- iPhone mode – http://mail.google.com/mail/x/gdlakb-/gp/
- iGoogle gadget – http://www.google.com/ig/gmailmax
- “No browser checking” mode – http://mail.google.com/mail?nocheckbrowser
Also check out this post: http://lifehacker.com/5373720/floating-monitors-and-hidden-peripherals